Retirement Planning is one of the most important areas of financial planning that all individuals must consider. Each person’s circumstances are unique, their goals are unique, the way they think about and experience life are unique. This creates complexity and the responsibility that rests on the shoulders of the financial planner and adviser is significant.
There are different approaches to planning for retirement. Some approaches are better early in life and others are better later in life. Having the ability to see into the future, ask the right questions and forming a deep understanding of the client and their information are what sets great advisers apart from the rest.
Tax brings another layer of complexity and “potholes” on the road to financial independence in retirement. Planners and Advisers must be able to identify all applicable tax and ensure that any strategy that is implemented, is done as tax efficiently as possible.
Doing the right thing today, means a client for life. A great retirement plan, means the client will realise their dream retirement.
If this is what you want for your clients, then this is the course for you.
What to expect
We study Retirement Planning and how to:
- Plan for retirement (Making provision);
- Plan at retirement;
- Determine all applicable taxes;
- Do calculations;
- Implement a tax efficient plan and strategy;
We do practical case studies and we also offer templates that you can download to use in your practice.
Refer to the course outline below for a detailed outline of the course
- Good understanding of Income Tax;
- Good understanding of investment and retirement products;
- Eagerness to learn.
Who must enroll in the course
- Financial Planners & Advisers;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide enhanced value to their panel;
- Sales and Branch Managers;
- Franchise Principals;
- Key Individuals;
- Support staff that helps with the Financial Planning process;
- Students studying an NQF5, 6, 7 or 8 qualification in Wealth Management / Financial Planning.
The course starts off with some basics and it quickly builds from there to an intermediate level.
The course is rated as Intermediate, as it is expected that you have a good understanding of the basics already. You will greatly benefit from this course and have more knowledge and skills to grow your practice and to increase the value you offer your clients. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course. It is an intermediary course that includes some introductory elements.
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 5.5
- 60% pass rate with 3 attempts
- Approval number: FPI19060061
Not sure yet if the course is for you?