What may seem like a simple and easy decision, may trigger a disposal for Capital Gains Tax Purposes. A spouse donating assets or an investment to the other spouse, can still be held liable for CGT on such asset or investment. How many times do you get the question “Should I rather invest the money in my spouse’s name?”.
Planning for business succession is another area where Capital Gains Tax must be considered. Selling a business will trigger CGT and its impact must always be determined and planned for.
Enough with the doom and gloom!
What you should really see from the above, are loads of opportunities.
Capital Gains Tax presents the opportunity to increase your business significantly. Not only will you increase your business, but you will enhance the trust clients put in you. Our role as financial planners and advisers is to help our clients make better financial decisions. Underlying great financial decisions, is great and relevant information. This means that it is up to you to foresee what the circumstances may be down the road, highlight risks and the impact of taxes (such as CGT). You must be able to quantify and demonstrate any impact in a way that the client will understand.
What to expect
We study Capital Gains Tax and how it pertains to:
- Deceased Estates;
We also study:
- Pitfalls and Opportunities of Capital Gains Tax.
Refer to the course outline below for a detailed outline of the course
- Good understanding of Income Tax;
- Basic knowledge of CGT for Individuals;
- Eagerness to learn.
Who must enroll in the course
- Financial Planners & Advisers;
- Tax Practitioners, Consultants and their support staff;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide enhanced value to their panel;
- Sales and Branch Managers;
- Franchise Principals;
- Key Individuals;
- Support staff that helps with the Financial Planning process;
- Students studying an NQF5, 6 or 8 qualification in Wealth Management / Financial Planning.
The course starts off with the basics and it builds from there to a more advanced level.
The course is rated as Beginner / Intermediate, because whether you are a complete newby or you have a good understanding of the basics already, you will reap great benefits from this course. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course. It is a more advanced course that includes the introductory elements.
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 5.5
- 60% pass rate with 3 attempts
- Approval number: FPI18120032